Fall 2023 Semester
December 11-15, 2023
All courses, including 1 and 2 credit hour courses, will have final exams in their regular classrooms during final exam week according to the published schedule. It is the responsibility of both students and faculty to comply with the final exam policy. Final exam guidelines are listed below:
- Final exam periods are 2 hours with 30 minutes between periods.
- Final exam information will be documented in the course syllabus.
- Classes with linked lecture and laboratory sections will observe the final exam period based on the section that carries the credit hours.
- Classes which meet at 5:00 pm or after will hold final exams at their regular class time during the final exam week. Those evening classes with two meetings per week will use the first meeting for the final exam with the second meeting used at the discretion of the instructor.
- Hybrid classes which have weekly meeting times will hold final exams in their regular classrooms according to the published schedule.
- 100% online classes will hold final exams during the final exam week according to the course syllabus.
- Saturday classes will hold final exams during finals week according to the syllabus.
- Off-Schedule classes will hold final exams on the last scheduled class meeting.
- Any student who has three or more final exams scheduled on the same day may make arrangements with instructors of those courses to reschedule one final exam to another day during the final exam week. The student may appeal to the appropriate dean for assistance, if needed. That appeal should be made no later than one month prior to the last day of the final exam week.
- Friday of finals week can be used for canceled, rescheduled or make-up final exams, as needed by student and instructor, as approved by the academic department.
- If a final exam is canceled for inclement weather every effort will be made to make the exam up prior to the end of the published final exam week. Communication regarding any final exam schedule adjustments will be made via the Missouri Western website and through the Griffon Alert system.