Fall 2019 Semester
Saturday, December 7 through Friday, December 13, 2019
All courses, including 1 and 2 credit hour courses, will have final exams in their regular classrooms during final exam week according to the published schedule. It is the responsibility of both students and faculty to comply with the final exam policy.
- Final exam periods are 2 hours with 1 hour between periods.
- Final exam information will be documented in the course syllabus.
- Classes which begin at a time not listed on the final exam schedule will observe the final exam time of the closest previous class time listed.
- Classes which meet at different hours (for example, 9:00am on Monday/Wednesday and 10:00am on Thursday) will hold the final exam based on the first hour and day listed.
- Classes with linked lecture and laboratory sections will observe the final exam period based on the section that carries the credit hours.
- Classes which meet at 4:30pm or after will hold final exams at their regular class time during the final exam week. Those evening classes with two meetings per week will use the first meeting for the final exam with the second meeting used at the discretion of the instructor.
- Blended classes (B1=Online 1%-69%) which have weekly meeting times will hold final exams in their regular classrooms according to the published schedule.
- Blended classes (B2=Online 70%-99%) and 100% online classes will hold final exams during the final exam week according to the course syllabus.
- Saturday classes will hold final exams at their regular class time during the final exam week.
- Off-Schedule classes will hold final exams on the last scheduled class meeting.
- Any student who has three or more final exams scheduled on the same day may make arrangements with instructors of those courses to reschedule one final exam to another day during the final exam week. The student may appeal to the appropriate dean for assistance, if needed. That appeal should be made no later than one month prior to the last day of the final exam week.
- If a final exam is canceled for inclement weather every effort will be made to make the exam up prior to the end of the published final exam week. Communication regarding any final exam schedule adjustments will be made via the Missouri Western website and through the Griffon Alert system.