Undergraduate/Bachelor degree students are expected to graduate with the degree within 4 years; Graduate/Master students within 2 years.  Upon recommendation of your academic or program director, you may file or complete/submit paper to apply for graduation as soon as possible BEFORE the deadlines!

Graduation deadlines
Graduation application forms: Undergraduate and Graduate

If you are on an F-1 visa, you may stay in the U.S. for up to 60 days after you graduation date.  If you are on a J-1 visa, you may stay in the U.S. for up to 30 days after you complete your exchange program.  If you live on campus, you cannot live in the residence halls after you graduate or complete your exchange program.  You need to make your own living arrangements during your grace period. Many students who choose to stay travel around the U.S. or visit friends.